< ITALY | ROME: Ambasciatori Palace Hotel
Designed by the well-known architect Carlo Busiri Vici in the Neo-renaissance style, the Ambasciatori Palace Hotel opened its doors in 1905 as the “Palace of
the Ambasciatori”. It had been conceived as an hotel for diplomats from the nearby embassies.
From 1946 to 1993, the Palace Hotel was the home of the US Embassy Library. In 1993, the owners restored and reopened the building as the Ambasciatori Palace Hotel. The restoration project not only modernized the building but also brought back its former early 20th-century splendour. The ancient stuccowork on the cornices, the ceilings, the arches and capitals, the Brazilian granite columns, marble and polychrome mosaic floors, and the intricate wrought-iron balustrade of the main staircase were all returned to their original magnificence.
One of the main attractions of the Ambasciatori Palace Hotel is the “La Terrazza” restaurant, which since the Twenties and still today has been a favourite with a gourmet clientele.
Additional literature: n/a